Saturday, December 31, 2005

Top 5 Movies...not!


...and I say "not!" because as I was making my list, I discovered I only saw five movies, in total, in 2005! This includes at the theater *and* video.
{I still call anything we rent "video" even though it's been DVD for how long??!}
{and, who am I kidding with the "we rent" statement - I have not even been *in* a video store for... three years?? It's Eric's thing, all the way}
So... this is not a Top Five list, it is The Five list.

This was prompted by my morning visit to Katie, thescrapbooklady's blog and her posting of her top 5 movies. And I thought, that could be cool thing to scrap. When I look back in like 10 years, it would be like a little time capsule.

The Five Movies Kristin Saw in 2005
______________________________________________________
Seen with my two oldest, as An Outing With Mom:


______________________________________________________
We rented this for a date night at home:

______________________________________________________

Another seen with the two Big Kids, because Elizabeth especially wanted to see this:
_____________________________________________________
I saw this one with my mother-in-law, part of a premier screening in Cody, Wyoming! because the book authors live in Cody. This was a big deal for my sister-in-law's book club, winning tickets for all of them to go, and they gave two extra to us. We "dressed up" and had dinner at Maxwell's before The Show.

_____________________________________________________

And this one, Our One and Only Date in 2005!

____________________________________________________

Katie linked to this cool listing of 2005 movies that I used to make my list. Thanks, Katie, for the inspiration!

One other list I made:

Movies I’m surprised I didn’t see:
Mr & Mrs Smith
Shop Girl
Bewitched
Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants – because Liz talked about it SO much!
Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire
Star Wars Revenge of the Sith
Miss Congeniality 2
Perfect Man
Just like Heaven
Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe

If you make your own list, leave me a link!

--Kristin

3 comments:

Shannon Bieger said...

I can't believe I haven't seen Walk the Line or Narnia yet either! Doh! Oh well, that's what Netflix is for!

Anonymous said...

How was "Walk the Line"? I don't know much about Johnny Cash but I heard it's great and I'd like to see it since it's supposed to be up for a ton of Oscars!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Anonymous said...

If you have any young children I don't suggest Harry Potter or the Chronicles of Narnia. I took my five year old to Harry Potter and I was so glad she fell asleep before the end. It was a little too graphic for a five year old and I went with my friend for her birthday to see Narnia and that was a little strong on the violence end too, we were glad we didn't bring our girls.